David Mark is recognised as a 'master of the dark psychological thriller', drawing upon his 15 years of experience as a crime journalist.
After a decade as a full-time novelist and Sunday Times bestseller, David penned the critically-acclaimed memoir PIECE OF MIND, detailing his lifelong battle with depression, mania, OCD, addiction and hallucinations.
The book has been labelled 'a life-saver' and 'essential reading' by readers, contemporaries, and mental health professionals.
- How he feels that unbroken means that he’s like a wild horse as he’s not had his will snapped or been broken into submission by his illness.
- How he believes that he’s so much more than the events in his life.
- How being truthful was not as difficult as he thought it would be when he was writing his memoir,
- How writing really helped him to work out what was his illness and what was his personality.
- How he used to think he was demonic because of the hideous hallucinations he experienced but managed to grow used to them by learning what was real and what wasn’t.
- How he still struggles with the idea of being vulnerable and weak.
- How he can’t emphasis enough that we should treat people who are unwell with tenderness, patience and compassion.
- How he now feels he’s at the best he’ll ever be and never though he could be this well with his mental illness.
"Unbroken: Healing Through Storytelling" features individuals who have all triumphed after adversity and have not just bounced back in life, but forward and are now making a difference for others.
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
She really believes in the power that comes when we share our stories, that in fact we are not story tellers but story healers. Tune in to discover what helped them to stay unbroken and together we will discover that none of us are broken beyond repair.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk/
Watch edited highlights on YouTube:
Short of time but want to tune in?
Watch Short Vlog Versions on our You Tube Channel HERE