Jennifer Fraser is the founder of The Bullied Brain. She's an award-winning teacher, best-selling author, and unlikely whistle-blower. And key in mental health awareness.
Her new book The Bullied Brain: Heal Your Scars and Restore Your Health tells the story of her journey to repair after battling to protect students from teacher abuse and failing.
With a PhD in Comparative Literature, she believed that there must be research that could help her recover.
That's when she discovered what scientists know about the amazing powers, we have within to repair our hurt brains. And to contribute to suicide prevention.
Some key points from our interview:
· How she feels that we are never unbroken as our brains are never unbreakable
· How she discovered her son was a victim of bullying and abuse, including emotional abuse from teachers at his school when she took the testimonies of 8 other students who had also been bullied
· How she discovered that the school had known about this for a year and failed to protect their students
· How she decided to do the research into the neuroscience of being bullied and wrote her book to show the impact of bullying on the brain but also how it can be healed too
· How her own trauma of being emotionally, physically, and sexually abused by 3 teachers was triggered by her son’s trauma
· How she went to the police to report her own abuse to stop covering up and to honour a student “Ellen” who tragically died by suicide after being abused by a head teacher that was covered up by the school
· How we all have the power to convert our mind bully to our own empathic coach in order to rewire our brain
"Unbroken: Healing Through Storytelling" features individuals who have all triumphed after adversity and have not just bounced back in life, but forward and are now making a difference for others.
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
She really believes in the power that comes when we share our stories, that in fact we are not story tellers but story healers. Tune in to discover what helped them to stay unbroken and together we will discover that none of us are broken beyond repair.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk/
Watch edited highlights on YouTube:
Short of time but want to tune in?
Watch Short Vlog Versions on our You Tube Channel HERE