Lynn is a mental health awareness champion, counsellor, film producer and author of four books that give advice and hope to sufferers of mental illness and their families, including Hope with Eating Disorders 2nd Edition, Hope with OCD, Hope with Depression and Hope with Anxiety, all published by Hammersmith Health Books.
A mother to grown-up twin daughters, Charlotte and Samantha, and Grandma to Charlotte’s 6-month-old twins Georgia and Reggie, Lynn’s passion for mental health awareness came through the battles she faced with Samantha, who suffered with anorexia nervosa in her teens and obsessive-compulsive disorder in her early 20s.
Some key points from our interview:
· How she believes that we are broken at times, but we can make waves to make ourselves better
· How when she noticed the changes in her daughter’s behaviour regarding food, that she had to speak to her about it
· How she spent four years looking for help to deal with her daughter’s eating disorder and decided to discharge her from all treatments and do it herself
· How she believes that the way eating disorders are approached hasn’t changed or evolved
· How she’s passionate about breaking the taboos around mental illness and that no family ever feels alone in their struggle
· How she’s so proud of her daughter who has produced and co-written a short film called “A Day with OCD” – obsessive compulsive disorder.
· How she works with the whole family and not just the sufferer of the eating disorder
· How eating disorder recovery is possible
"Unbroken: Healing Through Storytelling" features individuals who have all triumphed after adversity and have not just bounced back in life, but forward and are now making a difference for others.
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
She really believes in the power that comes when we share our stories, that in fact we are not story tellers but story healers. Tune in to discover what helped them to stay unbroken and together we will discover that none of us are broken beyond repair.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk/
Watch edited highlights on YouTube:
Short of time but want to tune in?
Watch Short Vlog Versions on our You Tube Channel HERE