Charlotte Rush is a Marketing Director with a career spanning over 20 years. In recent months she has started to embark on a journey of becoming a lived experience speaker, telling her story, which details how she has been shaped by grief, and how she's now playing an active role in moving beyond it.
An orphan by the age of five, Charlotte is currently writing a book about her life, which was initially merely a form of therapy for herself.
Charlotte now hopes that by sharing her story she can help others understand how you can emerge from a life defined by grief to build something meaningful and loving.
It’s a story of resilience – about how even the darkest and most disabling challenges life can throw at you can be overcome with drive and determination and a growing understanding of the grieving process
Some key points from our interview:
· How unbroken means being able to adapt to life’s biggest challenges that are thrown at you
· How she lost both of her parents by the time she was five years old and went on to live with grief all her life
· How she never had any specialist support as a young child growing up with grief
· How she was recently diagnosed with PTSD because of her childhood even though it felt like it was just a normal life for her
· How she feels that she’s just on the start of her journey at aged forty
· How she now feels comfortable about living with grief all her life and decided to write her story down to help others
Reach out to Charlotte on…
"Unbroken: Healing Through Storytelling" features individuals who have all triumphed after adversity and have not just bounced back in life, but forward and are now making a difference for others.
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
She really believes in the power that comes when we share our stories, that in fact we are not story tellers but story healers. Tune in to discover what helped them to stay unbroken and together we will discover that none of us are broken beyond repair.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk/
You can listen to the full extended series of incredible stories on https://www.buzzsprout.com/1386718
Short of time but want to tune in?
Watch Short Vlog Versions on our You Tube Channel HERE