Deborah Henley has over 20 years in psychology and personal development
Formerly a competitive oarswoman, sailor and swimmer, with qualifications in neurolinguistics, hypnotherapy and the expressive arts – she draws on some extraordinary life experiences, a keen commercial sensibility and a quirky and creative perspective on life
Her book, ‘Your Leadership Story’, was shortlisted in the Business Book Awards and has become a transformational programme for speakers to find their message and story
Working with global bluechips such as Accenture, AmEx, Microsoft and the MOD, she inspires her audiences to bring the life and soul back into their organisations
Her vision is to equip leaders to create cultures in which everyone can shine – even (or especially when) they feel ‘Perfectly Flawed’
Some key points from our interview:
- How unbroken means to her that our soul, and our essence is like water and can’t be broken
- How she focused on looking after her father’s needs when her mother left when she was eleven, before her own needs
- How as an adult she was able to let go of her anger and frustration and was able to forgive her mother
- How she felt as if she didn’t matter much, and she struggled with her self-worth
- How her journey has been about creating healthy boundaries and learning to put herself first and standing up for her soul
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
She really believes in the power that comes when we share our stories, that in fact we are not story tellers but story healers. Tune in to discover what helped them to stay unbroken and together we will discover that none of us are broken beyond repair.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk/
You can listen to the full extended series of incredible stories on https://www.buzzsprout.com/1386718
Short of time but want to tune in?
Watch Short Vlog Versions on our You Tube Channel HERE