Jaz Ampaw-Farr is a ‘resilience ninja’, international speaker, coach and author.
Hailed in the US as ‘The British Oprah’, Jaz has travelled the world advising governments, educators and helping tens of thousands of people with her bespoke leadership development programmes, training courses and motivational speeches.
As a successful entrepreneur, mum of three, and former teacher – she knows a thing or two about galvanising people into taking action!
With a passion for resilience, positive disruption, and a human-first approach to everything, Jaz’s energy is infectious and you can’t help but become mesmerised and fall under her captivating spell
Some key points from our interview:
· How she believes that unbroken is about being unbreakable and being able to reform with a new story to be resilient
· How she feels that resilience is all about knowing what to do when you don’t know what to do
· How her start in life was tough and being beaten, neglected and sexually abused left her feeling broken, worthless and defeated for many years
· How she ended up in care at eight years and homeless as a teenager but meeting five everyday heroes when she was at school changed her life
· How having a family is her success as she broke the cycle
· How she’s passionate about helping people to become at least 10% braver
· How her brother dying of a heroin overdose motivated her to speak out to show others what is possible in choosing a different life
· How when she recently received an award at a conference, she was moved as she reflected on the enormity of her journey from foster care to speaker of the year
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
She really believes in the power that comes when we share our stories, that in fact we are not story tellers but story healers. Tune in to discover what helped them to stay unbroken and together we will discover that none of us are broken beyond repair.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk/
You can listen to the full extended series of incredible stories on https://www.buzzsprout.com/1386718
Short of time but want to tune in?
Watch Short Vlog Versions on our You Tube Channel HERE