Tammy is Canadian and moved to Scotland in 1989.
She is trained in adult massage and when she had her first child it just felt logical to massage her.
She then discovered research about the benefits of massage for preterm babies and became passionate about massage for all, especially babies/children.
She began teaching parents, mid-wives, health visitors, early years practioners and the Scottish School of Child & Baby Massage was born 28 years ago.
She ran her business while having and raising a family of 7 children.
She has many stories about the profound impact that massage has on lives of other babies/parents with bonding, health & well-being and wants to start writing a book now that most of the young people have moved out!!
Some key points from our interview:
· How unbroken means being able to pick herself up whatever happens
· How life in Vancouver was chaotic as she was born to a schizophrenic mother
· How she fell in love with massage at 12 when received one from a Dutch woman and started to have massage parties teaching her friends as a teenager
· How when she moved to Scotland, she met Jim and qualified in massage
· How her family became one of seven children including one son who has severe autism and epilepsy
· How she loves teaching mums to massage their babies and has so many stories of mental health improving for the mums and physical health too for babies
· How she believes that massage can be used to help others connect to themselves and their baby which improves the bonding between them both
· How self-care is not a luxury but an important way to take care of our health
Her website for training: http://www.babymassage.org.uk/
Online course for Parents: https://bambinoandi.co.uk/
Facebook: Scottish School of Child & Baby Massage
* * * *
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
She really believes in the power that comes when we share our stories, that in fact we are not story tellers but story healers. Tune in to discover what helped them to stay unbroken and together we will discover that none of us are broken beyond repair.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk/
You can listen to the full extended series of incredible stories on https://www.buzzsprout.com/1386718
Short of time but want to tune in?
Watch Short Vlog Versions on our You Tube Channel HERE