Really enjoyed my conversation with Laura where we discussed cancer during pregnancy, motherhood whilst under going chemotherapy and her journey to becoming a successful author
She has an MA in Creative Writing from the University of Chichester. She spent a decade living in London and working as a copywriter and editor for QVC, Expedia, Net a Porter, EE, and the Ministry of Justice
Now, she lives in Leicestershire, where she writes novels, blogs about her experience of breast cancer (www.breastcancerandbaby.com), runs The Motherload Book Club, and tries to work out how to raise her two children
So resilient to bounce back from all that she was went through and is definitely Unbroken!
Some of her tips you won't want to miss:
- How joining a support group with other young women with cancer under 40 too, helped her
- She has stayed in that group 4 years later to give back and to offer the hope similar to what she first received
- How she copes with the guilt that she passed the cancer gene on to her daughter
- How she surrounded herself with a good team as she juggled chemotherapy, toddler and a seriously ill newborn baby
- Why she started to write her thoughts done in a blog called "Breast cancer and baby"
- How she used her writing skills was an outlet for her to project all of her fears into her beautiful and heartbreaking novel (I wanted you to know)
- How having cancer helped her to get her act together and become a published author
Find out more info on Laura here: https://www.laurapearsonauthor.com
* * * *
"Unbroken: Healing Through Storytelling" features individuals who have all triumphed after adversity and have not just bounced back in life, but forward and are now making a difference for others.
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
She really believes in the power that comes when we share our stories, that in fact we are not story tellers but story healers. Tune in to discover what helped them to stay unbroken and together we will discover that none of us are broken beyond repair.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk/
Watch edited highlights on YouTube:
Follow on Instagram:
Short of time but want to tune in?
Watch Short Vlog Versions on our You Tube Channel HERE