The bio I have for Geoff is huge, he's achieved a lot in his sixty years!
Published fifty books, playwright, film maker, one of the world's highest ranking martial arts teachers and a spirituality coach
Some of the key points you won't want to miss from our interview
- How he feels unbroken because of his trauma and not despite it
- How he discovered that the only way we all engage at the deepest level is when we allow ourselves to be vulnerable
- How he shares his story now to enable others to share theirs too
- How he recognised the restrictions of what happened to him as a gift, as it forced him to turn inwards and start his personal journey
- How he learnt that the remedy for everything is compassion; for himself and those that hurt him
- How he recognised his journey has been one of refuge, repair and returning home – back to homeostasis
- How forgiving helped him to feel relief and break the bond his abuser created
- How working on all the issues that ‘blackmailed’ him helped him to bring them to light in order to become the light and no longer had a hold on him
- How he recognised that his fears fed off his engagement with them
- How he knew he had fixed himself when he felt compassion for his abuser after hearing he had killed himself
- How he recognised that his practice is all about centring himself to find a still mind and then everything is drawn into that space and dissipates
"Compassion robs hatred of it's power" – Geoff Thompson
Find Geoff on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/geoff_thompson_official
* * * *
"Unbroken: Healing Through Storytelling" features individuals who have all triumphed after adversity and have not just bounced back in life, but forward and are now making a difference for others.
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
She really believes in the power that comes when we share our stories, that in fact we are not story tellers but story healers. Tune in to discover what helped them to stay unbroken and together we will discover that none of us are broken beyond repair.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk/
Watch edited highlights on YouTube:
Follow on Instagram:
Short of time but want to tune in?
Watch Short Vlog Versions on our You Tube Channel HERE