I became aware of Andrea and her story after watching a video made by The Forgiveness Project where she talks about her journey of being sexually abused at aged seven by a family member and how she forgave him
Andrea Martinez is an award-winning actress who is originally of Venezuelan descent.
She has featured in several independent film projects from short films to series and feature films. She has also done adverts for brands such as LEGO, Lifestyles Condoms USA and Batiste dry shampoo to name a few.
Her latest feature is in the series ‘Trust’ which is currently on Amazon Prime.
As well as an actress Andrea is also 1/3 host of a radio show called ‘Latin Heat’ which is live every Tuesday 12-2pm on Flex FM
Some key points from our interview:
· How she feels she was too young and naive to name what was going on and kept silent for many years
· How she was so relieved that when she told her mother that she believed and supported her
· How it took many years of self-work to heal herself .
· How a conversation with one of my former guests Geoff Thompson (episode 30) changed things for her and saw that the abuse opened a door to her creativity.
· How acting is a form of self-expression for her which continues to heal her.
· How forgiveness was always for her, and it set her free.
You can find Andrea on Instagram here:
* * * *
"Unbroken: Healing Through Storytelling" features individuals who have all triumphed after adversity and have not just bounced back in life, but forward and are now making a difference for others.
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
She really believes in the power that comes when we share our stories, that in fact we are not story tellers but story healers. Tune in to discover what helped them to stay unbroken and together we will discover that none of us are broken beyond repair.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk/
Watch edited highlights on YouTube:
Short of time but want to tune in?
Watch Short Vlog Versions on our You Tube Channel HERE