I met today’s guest, Mary Herbert, over on Clubhouse and once I heard her story, I knew I had to share it with you all!
She is a dedicated mum of four and has spent her entire adult life searching for a connection with her biological family. Whilst her childhood was fairly smooth sailing, the strong desire to connect with her birth family continued to haunt her.
After years of closed doors and dead ends, her lifelong story came to fruition during a worldwide pandemic with an ending worth the wait.
She speaks to as many people involved in the adoption triad as possible in the hope that her incredible story may be a ray of hope for others beginning their adoption journey.
While adoptions are complicated and her story shocking, her outlook through each bump in the road brings an array of emotions to any listener, adopted or not.
Some key points from our interview:
· How she never gave up on her mission to find her birth mother
· How becoming a mother herself was the first time she met someone that was a biological relation to her
· How her faith has supported her along her journey
· How she couldn’t stay angry despite being let down by her birth mother a few times
· How the day she met her mother for the first time was bittersweet
· How she is so grateful for the many connections she has made during this process
· How sharing her story is both healing for herself and she hopes others too
You can get some more information about Mary here:
* * * *
"Unbroken: Healing Through Storytelling" features individuals who have all triumphed after adversity and have not just bounced back in life, but forward and are now making a difference for others.
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
She really believes in the power that comes when we share our stories, that in fact we are not story tellers but story healers. Tune in to discover what helped them to stay unbroken and together we will discover that none of us are broken beyond repair.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk/
Watch edited highlights on YouTube:
Short of time but want to tune in?
Watch Short Vlog Versions on our You Tube Channel HERE