Claire Dyer’s poetry collections are published by Two Rivers Press, her novels by Quercus and The Dome Press.
Her latest novel, 'The Significant Others of Odie May' is published by Matador, and she has a new collection forthcoming with Two Rivers Press in 2024.
She has curated Reading's Poets’ Café for the past five years, teaches creative writing and runs Fresh Eyes, an editorial and critiquing service.
She has an MA in Creative Writing from Royal Holloway, University of London and is a regular contributor on BBC Radio Berkshire
Today though we are discussing the story behind her poetry collection “Yield” which beautifully shares her journey of her son becoming her daughter
Yield can have three meanings
Some key points from our interview:
· How when her child first told them they thought they were trans she felt fear for their future
· How she writing Yield has been cathartic but took five years to complete
· How they have always been met with love, support and understanding
· How it’s felt like a grief process and had to learn to surrender and accept the changes within her family
· How she recognises that the heart of her daughter has never changed, even though outwardly she may look different to the gender she was assigned at birth
Depend – Supporting the families and friends of trans people
Mermaids – UK organisation for young trans people and their families, with support and resources for both
You can get more info about Claire here:
https://tinyurl.com/yckp79uy << Buy Book Here!
* * * *
"Unbroken: Healing Through Storytelling" features individuals who have all triumphed after adversity and have not just bounced back in life, but forward and are now making a difference for others.
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk/
Watch edited highlights on YouTube:
Short of time but want to tune in?
Watch Short Vlog Versions on our You Tube Channel HERE