Born and brought up on the Isle of Wight, David suffered early bereavement at age 4 when his mother died from Ovarian Cancer.
After a disrupted upbringing, he began work in retail banking at 18, but at 30 became an Anglican Priest.
After the collapse of his marriage and the loss of his faith in 2016, David was forced to reassess and reshape his inner life.
He is now married to Jane and successfully coparents his daughter with his former wife, Karen.
David now runs a successful life coaching and celebrancy business from his home in Salisbury
Some key points from our interview
· How he recognises that being unbroken is lifelong journey towards a sense of wholeness
· How he was brought up in two contrasting environments
· How joining the church, learning theology and becoming ordained as a priest gave him a sense of belonging and acceptance
· How he had to own up to the church authorities that he had an affair and therefore lost his job and his home
· How he recognises that a time of crisis is also a time of decision
· How he feels that his breakdown allowed him to focus on his purpose in life
· How he recognises that the true treasure lies in our struggles and pain, and that there is lifelong learning in all of our journeys
· How after being a funeral celebrant for hundreds of people, he realises that we will regret the experiences we didn’t have, far more than the riches we didn’t have, when we die
"Unbroken: Healing Through Storytelling" features individuals who have all triumphed after adversity and have not just bounced back in life, but forward and are now making a difference for others.
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
She really believes in the power that comes when we share our stories, that in fact we are not story tellers but story healers. Tune in to discover what helped them to stay unbroken and together we will discover that none of us are broken beyond repair.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk
Watch edited highlights on YouTube:
Short of time but want to tune in?
Watch Short Vlog Versions on our You Tube Channel HERE