Aaron runs a mental health inspired clothing brand called It's Okay.
It's Okay was founded from a spell of severe depression and a close suicide attempt, luckily he was able to fight his way back and create a brand that's foundations are to support, spread MH awareness, fight the stigma and not leave anyone behind.
With each and every sale they donate 10% of their profits to designated monthly focused charity, to ensure that everyone gets a share
Some key points from our interview:
- How he recognises that his depression started after experiencing so much loss and trauma in such a short period of time
- How he was forced back to his hometown after his divorce which was where he grew up and suffered a turbulent childhood
- How he found the courage to speak out about his depression, but it took a few attempts to find the right support
- How he couldn’t have come back from depression without speaking out, his therapist and his dog Willow
- How he’s passionate about overcoming the stigma of mental illness for everyone
- How he’s speaking out to improve mental health and share mental health tips on his website
- How he’s started a clothing brand with a heart that also offers support for people experiencing all types of mental health issues; it’s so much more than a fashion brand
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
She really believes in the power that comes when we share our stories, that in fact we are not story tellers but story healers. Tune in to discover what helped them to stay unbroken and together we will discover that none of us are broken beyond repair.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk/
Watch edited highlights on YouTube:
Short of time but want to tune in?
Watch Short Vlog Versions on our You Tube Channel HERE