I met Amy at my Karate club and have witnessed her personal growth and achievements over the years and always been inspired by her grit and determination. I think you will be too!
She earned her first Scottish National Team cap at 14 and has been following her passion with the sport around the world since. She started an online business at 18 to allow her to pursue her passion and build an income alongside travelling and competing as a self-funded Karate athlete.
In 2015, she suffered a career threatening injury, with doctors saying she would not be able to compete again. Through two years of rehabilitation and persistence, she returned to competition going on to win British titles and a European medal. She uses this experience to help people going through tough times in their life and find the joy in every day.
Most recently, she represented Team GB in contention for the Tokyo Olympics for 2020. Wearing the tracksuit and representing Great Britain, was something she could have only dreamed of as a little girl.
Some key points from our interview:
· How she believes that even the negative experiences in her life have been an opportunity for her to learn and grow from
· How she’s always striving to be a better athlete and person through fitness and personal development
· How she recognises the importance of surrounding herself with positive people when she was injured and focusing on working on her mindset
· How she had to allow herself time to be heartbroken when her hopes of competing in the Olympics didn’t happen
· How the discipline of being an athlete helped her to train both her body and her mind and feels she’s much stronger now than before she was injured
· How she hopes her story inspires others that despite experiencing hard times, there is a way out
· How her practice of gratitude and looking for joy every day, helps her to remain positive
"Unbroken: Healing Through Storytelling" features individuals who have all triumphed after adversity and have not just bounced back in life, but forward and are now making a difference for others.
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
She really believes in the power that comes when we share our stories, that in fact we are not story tellers but story healers. Tune in to discover what helped them to stay unbroken and together we will discover that none of us are broken beyond repair.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk/
Watch edited highlights on YouTube:
Short of time but want to tune in?
Watch Short Vlog Versions on our You Tube Channel HERE