I met Gloria Masters through social media and although our stories are different, there are so many similarities too. At times when I was interviewing her it felt like my words were coming from her mouth!
She is an author, advocate and activist for all things child sexual abuse (CSA) She speaks from sixteen years of lived experience and has managed to turn the final corner of healing into giving back
She does this through highlighting the issue of #csa to help other survivors. She is currently writing her second book, Flightpath to Healing, which is a guide for survivors
A mother herself, her career includes teaching, therapy and business consulting. She regularly blogs on Gloriamasters.com. and has created the podcast Handing the Shame Back, which is a safe space for other survivors to share their stories
Her focus is on hope, love and joy and she follows her Angels wherever they lead her
Some key points from our interview:
· How she feels as if she has become an oak tree with its roots firmly planted in the ground, which may bend but never breaks
· How she was trained at a very young age in the art of seduction as her father used her as a sex slave and sold her to paedophile rings in New Zealand
· How she had no safe adult around her and learnt to go within for her own support
· How her angels showed up when the abuse started and allowed her to focus on the good and light and have stayed with her
· How the number 16 (1+6) is a special number for her and finds it everywhere
· How she recognises that she had to end her relationship with her mother and siblings, because they refused to hear her truth
· How she is a beacon of hope by showing others that you can come through the worst of times and live a wonderful life full of love
"Unbroken: Healing Through Storytelling" features individuals who have all triumphed after adversity and have not just bounced back in life, but forward and are now making a difference for others.
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
She really believes in the power that comes when we share our stories, that in fact we are not story tellers but story healers. Tune in to discover what helped them to stay unbroken and together we will discover that none of us are broken beyond repair.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk/
Watch edited highlights on YouTube:
Short of time but want to tune in?
Watch Short Vlog Versions on our You Tube Channel HERE