Meet the man who, like a giraffe, stuck his neck out for what he believed. Like Nelson Mandela, Siya Twani was imprisoned for making a stand against injustice in South Africa.
Siya is a Resilience and Mental toughness motivational speaker who speaks in schools and businesses across the country
Siya is a motivational speaker on a mission to empower, educate and enthuse people, especially children and young people, with resilience skills.
With over 30 years’ experience of speaking in the education sector, he is highly recommended by Ofsted and other authorities and can put his message across in an articulate manner that is accessible to all
Some key points from our interview:
· How he believes he’s not a broken person but more of a wounded healer
· How he feels he was imprisoned from the moment he was born as he was born under apartheid
· How he refuses to believe he was a victim of apartheid, but the victor of his life
· How at just 17 he was sent to prison for 4 years because he was speaking out about the injustices within the education system for black students
· How he was tortured and brutalised during his time in prison but chose to forgive his captors years later
· How he learnt to let go of his anger and bring in empathy and understanding by realising his oppressors were victims too of apartheid
· How he strongly believes that through love and understanding we can all make this world a better place to live in
· How he his philosophy that governs his life is “face it, embrace it, defy it and conquer it”
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
She really believes in the power that comes when we share our stories, that in fact we are not story tellers but story healers. Tune in to discover what helped them to stay unbroken and together we will discover that none of us are broken beyond repair.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk/
Watch edited highlights on YouTube:
Short of time but want to tune in?
Watch Short Vlog Versions on our You Tube Channel HERE